Yes, there are kettles that have all kinds of bells and whistles. And while there are people who actually need all of those, there also many people who just want a good, reliable kettle that boils the water they need for their coffee, tea, instant soup (or if you are in Japan, instant ramen!) fast and with minimum fuss. But who also believe that function and usability doesn't mean a lack of imagination when it comes to design. This niche (which might not be so small after all!) is what the Zojirushi Compact Everyday Kettle is here to cover!
The Zojirushi Compact Everyday Kettle comes in two sizes: the smaller one is approximately 23 x 16 x 17.5 cm (9 x 6.3 x 6.9") and can boil up to 0.6 liters (20.3 fluid ounces) of water; the other, at about 23 x 16 x 19 cm (9 x 6.3 x 7.5"), can boil up to 0.8 liters (27 fluid ounces). Each comes in two different colors (sandy gray or dusty green for the 0.6 liter and sandy gray or chestnut brown for the 0.8 liter) and they both have a beautiful wood-grain power base that matches all colors, and makes the kettle as much an attractive ornament as an appliance that boils your water in a just few minutes!
Specs and Features:
- Sizes: 0.6 l (20.3 fl oz), 0.8 l (27 fl oz)
- 0.6 l: sandy gray, dusty green / 0.8 l: sandy gray, chestnut brown
- Boiling time (0.6 l): 1 cup 60 sec., full 3 min.
- Boiling time (0.8 l): 1 cup 60 sec., full 4 min.
- Ag+ ions antibacterial treatment
- Dimensions (0.6 l, with power base): approx. 23 x 16 x 17.5 cm (9 x 6.3 x 6.9")
- Weight (0.6 l with power base): 1.1 kg (2.4 lb)
- Dimensions (0.8 l, with power base): approx. 23 x 16 x 19 cm (9 x 6.3 x 7.5")
- Weight (0.8 l with power base): 1.1 kg (2.4 lb)
- Power consumption: 1,300 W
- Instructions/manual: Japanese