If you have gone past the usual sushi and tempura and started to explore the vast universe of Japanese cuisine, you have probably come across the donabe, the earthenware pot responsible for some of the winter dishes like stews and soups as well as plain rice that offers for a little more flavor than your regular rice cooker provides. You have and want to try it? The Zojirushi Ajimaru Grill Pot is for you.
The Zojirushi Ajimaru Grill Pot is actually three pots: first, the donabe-style deep pot, which at 26 x 5.5 cm (10.2 x 2.2") and with a lid works as good as any real donabe – the difference being that here you also get a heating base so you can do everything right there on your tabletop. And then comes the more shallow pot that is ideal for sukiyaki and also a grill that allows you to prepare 21 takoyaki octopus dumplings. Easy to use (just use the slider to control the temperature) and wash, it is the best tool for your explorations into the Japanese cuisine!
Specs and Features:
- Heater base, donabe pot, sukiyaki pot, and takoyaki grill
- Temperature control: slider
- Dimensions (all parts with lid): 40 x 32.5 x 22.5 (15.7 x 12.8 x 8.9")
- Pot dimensions: 26 x 5.5 cm (10.2 x 2.2")
- Weight: 6 kg (13.2 lbs)
- Full capacity: 3.3 liters
- Power consumption: 1,300 W
- Power cord length: 2.5 m (8.2 ft)
- Manual/instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)