You can now enjoy kendama, the juggling toy that came to Japan from Europe and became one of the favorite tools of street performers in Edo (old Tokyo), in the privacy of your home but if you reach a certain level of skill, you will want to share it with the world. To do that, you need a kendama optimized for performance, designed and crafted by Japan's foremost kendama specialists. Or to put it another way, you need the Sun Matte Kendama!
It's produced by Yamagata Koubou, Japan's top kendama manufacturer. Their work is so good that the Sun Matte Kendama has been recommended by the Japan Kendama Association and is acceptable for certification examinations. But because of its size – with a grip of 20 cm (7.9") and a ball hole diameter of 30 mm (1.2"), it is considerably bigger than a regular kendama – and the bright colors its ball comes in (red, white, and black), it really allows you to show off the amazing tricks you can do!
Specs and Features:
- Ball colors: red, white, black
- Made by Yamagata Koubou, Japan's top kendama manufacturer
- Recommended by the Japan Kendama Association
- Can be used for kyu and semi-shodan grade certification examinations
- Length: 20 cm (7.9")
- Big cup diameter: 58 mm (2.3")
- Small cup diameter: 55 mm (2.2")
- Base cup diameter: 51 mm (2")
- Ball hole diameter: 30 mm (1.2")
- Materials: maple, beech