When you think of kendama, Japan's contribution to the international juggling scene, chances are you picture the one made of white wood with a colored ball, preferably a red one. And that would generally be the case if we are talking about a standard kendama like those sold all over Japan and used by children and adults alike. But if we mean a special kendama, one that is so beautiful that it can be even function as a household ornament, then the choice is only one: the Ozora Urushi Red Lacquer Kendama!
Made by Yamagata Koubou, the top kendama manufacturer in Japan, in collaboration with lacquerware workshop Atelier Gallery Cielo, the Ozora Urushi Red Lacquer Kendama is especially recommended by the Japan Kendama Association for official kendama certification examinations. Yes, such examinations exist: the Japanese take all their hobbies very seriously! Made of zelkova wood and with a superb lacquer finish, this is a remarkable example of Japanese craftsmanship as well as the perfect tool for your daily kendama practice!
Specs and Features:
- Length: 18 cm (7")
- Material: zelkova wood
- Made by Yamagata Koubou, Japan's top kendama manufacturer
- Created in collaboration with Atelier Gallery Cielo, a lacquerware workshop from Yamagata Prefecture
- Recommended by the Japan Kendama Association
- Can be used for kyu and semi-shodan grade certification examinations
- Comes with tutorial app and replacement string
- Made in Japan