To most modern Japanese, its brings to mind Buddhist temples and ceremonies and visits to the graves of ancestors, but incense appreciation is an art that goes back centuries and is considered one of the hobbies of sophisticated nobles at the Imperial Court. If you wish to partake in this age-old ritual, or just want a broad palette of fragrances for your home, the Kameyama Wayu Color Incense Set is your one-stop incense appreciation workshop, containing ten different scents!
The work of artisans at a renowned Osaka candle- and incense-maker, the Kameyama Wayu Color Incense Set comes in a beautiful box made of paulownia wood. This particular wood is always used for high-quality items, from expensive sake to classic pottery. Inside the box, you find ten triangular paper boxes, each with sticks offering a different fragrance: cherry blossom, white plum blossom, lavender, soap, green tea, sunflower, sweet osmanthus, gardenia, sandalwood, and aloe wood. Each stick burns for around 25 minutes, so you have enough time to appreciate how it matches your mood and space!
Specs and Features:
- Contains 10 fragrances
- Fragrances: cherry blossom, white plum blossom, lavender, soap, green tea, sunflower, sweet osmanthus, gardenia, sandalwood, aloe wood
- Burning time: approx. 25 minutes
- Dimensions (incense stick box): 20 x 20 x 140 mm (0.8 x 0.8 x 5.5")
- Dimensions (paulownia box): 200 x 310 x 30 mm (7.9 x 12.2 x 1.2")
- Weight (incense stick box): 10 g (0.4)
- Weight (paulownia box): 480 g (17 oz)
- Box material: paulownia wood