Like everything else it has imported in its long history, Japan had to change candles to make them fit its sensibilities and ideas of how things should be. The warosoku or "Japanese candles" that resulted are unique in shape, materials, and manufacturing process, and this is the reason that even today they mostly made by hand. Kameyama, the country's most famous candle-maker, continues to employ amazing craftsmen to ensure it is able to produce exquisite pieces like the Kameyama Sakura Elegance Candle and Incense Set, a special combination of six warosoku candles and three packs of incense sticks.
Even with just a glance at the white paulownia box, you instantly know that the Kameyama Sakura Elegance Candle and Incense Set is not the usual stuff you see in New Age stores. The candles are of the painted e-rosoku variety, with a cherry-blossom motif, which also supplies the fragrance used in the sticks. Made from vegetable wax, these candles will last about an hour and 40 minutes each and, combined with the sticks, conjure up an amazing atmosphere that brings to life the sophisticated aesthetics of the Imperial Court of Kyoto a thousand years ago!
The Kameyama Sakura Elegance Candle and Incense Set features:
- Contains 6 warosoku candles, 3 incense stick packs
- Comes with paulownia wood box
- Incense stick fragrance: old cherry tree and white sandalwood
- Burn time (candle): approx. 1 hour and 40 minutes
- Burn time (incense stick): approx. 25 minutes
- Dimensions (box): 4.5 x 18.8 x 34.8 cm (1.8 x 7.4 x 13.6")
- Dimensions (candle): 1.7 x 8.3 cm (0.6 x 3.2")
- Weight: 650 g (23 oz)
- Material: vegetable wax