Despite being famous for their love of tea, the Japanese are as hooked on coffee as any Westerner – just check the offerings in any of the hundreds of thousands vending machines spread all over the country: the lineup will invariably include one or two green teas, and one black tea with milk, but over a dozen of coffee variations. Do you want even more proof? How about this Coffee and Tea Incense Set, created by Nippon Kodo, which has been making incense since 1575?
The sticks contained in the Coffee and Tea Incense Set are made using a special type of charcoal called binchotan in Japan's southern island of Kyushu. Binchotan is considered the highest grade of charcoal and often used in traditional cooking or the highest quality of incense. Each stick lasts 25 minutes, enough to give your space a mellow tea or coffee scent that will certainly make you want to prepare an actual cup! And with very little smoke, they are perfect for any type of occasion.
Specs and Features:
- Set of 2 incenses: coffee, tea
- Burn time/stick: approx. 25 minutes
- Made of high-grade binchotan hardwood charcoal from Kyushu
- Made by traditional incense maker Nippon Kodo
- Stick length: approx. 140 mm (5.5")
- Box dimensions: approx. 195 x 235 x 48 mm (7.6 x 9.2 x 1.8")
- Box weight: approx. 135 g (4.7 oz)