At the time in Japan the samurai were giving up their swords and topknots to become politicians, industrialists, and civil servants, on the other side of the world, in Germany, a woman was beginning a toy factory that would create one of the most lasting dolls of all time, the teddy bear. The Steiff Samurai Teddy Bear Nichirin brings together these two worlds in one of the most original and spectacular teddy bears you have ever seen!
Taking its name from the kabuto helmet it is wearing (nichirin means sun circle), the 21 x 18 x 37 cm (8.3 x 7 x 14.6") Steiff Samurai Teddy Bear Nichirin combines the 130 years of Steiff's know-how in making the highest-quality teddy bears with the experience of Jukei, a doll maker specializing in traditional dolls and festival items. And the result is amazing, with all the details of the yoroi armor and the kabuto helmet of a real samurai present and correct. Your children will love it as a toy and you will adore it as a decorative ornament!
Specs and Features:
- Comes with doll stand and fukusa silk handkerchief
- Washable (exterior)
- Exclusive to the Japanese market
- Made by German toy maker Steiff (est. 1893) and traditional Japanese doll maker Jukei
- Dimensions: 21 x 18 x 37 cm (8.3 x 7 x 14.6")
- Materials: mohair, polyester, brass, plastic