With a winter that is as dry as its summer is humid (i.e., a lot!), Japan has elevated the humidifier to an art form: there are hundreds of models available on the market and new ones come out every year, incorporating innovative technological features and citing amazing specs. But if you're an anime fan, you will bypass all of that and go straight to My Neighbor Totoro Humidifier, the only climate control device featuring a real Totoro playing his ocarina as he appears in the 1988 classic Hayao Miyazaki film!
The My Neighbor Totoro Humidifier is also one of the simplest climate control devices you could get: it's just 77 x 220 x 72 mm (3 x 8.7 x 2.8") big and consists of a bottle that you can fill with water and a cap that contains the "engine" that turns this water into mist when you connect it to a USB power source (such as your computer's USB port). A full bottle supplies eight hours of humidification with the mist coming from the ocarina played by Totoro on the bottle cap!
Specs and Features:
- Official Studio Ghibli merchandise
- Humidification time on full tank: approx. 8 hours
- Auto-off timer: approx. 8 hours
- Dimensions: approx. 77 x 220 x 72 mm (3 x 8.7 x 2.8")
- Weight: 180 g (6.3 oz)
- Power: USB charging
- Materials: ABS, PVC, PET, polyester
- For ages 15 and above
- Comes with USB cable (AC adapter not included)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese