All of Hayao Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli films (as well as a couple before them) are considered classics, not only for the anime but for Japanese cinema in general. But if there was a competition over which of his films manages to balance best artistry and popularity, there is no doubt My Neighbor Totoro would come first and by a big margin, and this is why you can find scenes from the anime in everything from toys to jewelry. Like the My Neighbor Totoro Earrings!
The My Neighbor Totoro Earrings come in a pair but each is a different character: Mei, one of the main human characters, and a small Totoro (aka Chibi-Totoro) forest spirit. Both figures are walking, accompanied by flowers like the yellow ones Mei brings to her father when she wants to play flower shop. If you have seen the anime, you will immediately recognize the reference! The earrings are made of zinc alloy, epoxy resin, stainless steel, and iron, have a golden finish, and are available as either screw back clip-on earrings as as regular hook-style earring for pierced ears.
Specs and Features:
- Official Studio Ghibli / Howl's Moving Castle merchandise
- Pair of earrings in 2 designs: Totoro and Mei
- Options: hook piercing, screw back earring
- Dimensions (Totoro): approx. 10 x 42 x 4 mm (0.4 x 1.7 x 0.2")
- Dimensions (Mei): approx. 10 x 60 x 4 mm (0.4 x 2.4 x 0.2")
- Weight: approx. 2 g (0.07 oz) (Totoro), 4 g (0.1 oz) (Mei)
- Materials: zinc alloy, epoxy resin, stainless steel, iron