No matter how wide a net that digital technology has cast over our everyday lives, there are some things that it probably will never touch, and one of which is sewing. Whether it's mending an item in your wardrobe or creating something from scratch using fabric, knowing how to use a sewing machine is a skill that will probably never get old no matter how clever our computers become. So getting your children a Hug Craft Machine will help them develop an ability that will certainly prove helpful. And the best part is they will develop it while having fun!
At 27.2 x 19.2 x 13.4 cm (10.7 x 7.6 x 5.3"), the Hug Craft Machine is small enough to fit the hands of children even aged as young as six. Exactly because it's designed for kids, its needles are covered by a plastic sleeve so won't pose any danger. Unlike a regular sewing machine and for the sake of ease, it uses yarn instead of thread, and comes with four pieces of felt that can be sewn together to create two beautiful decorative charms. Many more ideas can be found in the illustrated book that comes with it!
Specs and Features:
- Safety cover for needles
- Dimensions: 27.2 x 19.2 x 13.4 cm (10.7 x 7.6 x 5.3")
- Weight: approx. 740 g (1.6 lbs)
- Power: 4 AA batteries (not included)
- Comes with materials for 2 felt charms, yarn, pattern sheets, ideas book (Japanese)
- For ages 6 years and over
- Instructions/manual: Japanese (but easy to use)