Japan has its share of extreme weather (the northern part of the country is right across the sea from Siberia). Add the fact that most Japanese houses don't have central heating and it's obvious that there are times when a portable heater is not just useful, but mandatory! The problem is that while the Japanese market offers dozens of choices, most are lacking in the design department and this is what makes the Apix Sotomo Lantern Carbon Heater stand out!
Shaped like a stylish hurricane lamp, but bigger (it's approximately 230 x 210 x 493 mm, or 9 x 8.3 x 19.4", with its handle open), the Apix Sotomo Lantern Carbon Heater is easy to move around so you can carry it from one room to the next, provided you are no more than 1.5 m (4.9 ft) from a power outlet. It isn't heavy (just 850 grams, less than two pounds) and it's very simple to operate since all it has is an on/off switch!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions (with handle folded): approx. 230 x 210 x 420 mm (9 x 8.3 x 16.5")
- Dimensions (with handle open): approx. 230 x 210 x 493 mm (9 x 8.3 x 19.4")
- Weight: approx. 0.85 kg (1.9 lbs)
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 300 W
- Power cord length: approx. 1.5 m (4.9 ft)
- Materials: polypropylene, ABS resins, aluminum, steel