It was founded in 1819, with its craftspeople making glass sculptures for the samurai overlords of the Owari Domain (present-day Aichi Prefecture) but what made Ishizuka Glass a household name in Japan were the glasses it created in the 1960s and 1970s using floral patterns in a style that was influenced by the hippy movement in America. These glasses went out of style in the 1980s and 1990s, but are now making a comeback thanks to Aderia's Retro series, which has been successful enough to generate its own merchandise, like the Aderia Retro Glass Pouch Zoo Mate!
Highlighting one of Aderia's most popular (and because in Japan these things matter, cute) designs that features a leopard and a tiger, the Aderia Retro Glass Pouch Zoo Mate is a 240 x 170 x 18 mm (9.4 x 6.7 x 0.7") zippered bag made of PVC and polyester with two pockets on its back and two more on the inside. But what makes it really special is that the glass on the front is transparent and when you insert the inner pouch it comes with, the glass looks like it's filled with green cream soda!
Specs and Features:
- Aderia glass illustration on the front
- Zoo Mate motif and Aderia Retro logo on the back
- Cream soda illustration on the inner pouch
- Glass on the front seems to fill with cream soda when you insert the mini pouch
- Closure: zipper
- Pockets: 2 inside, 2 back
- Licensed by historical Gifu Prefecture glass-maker company Aderia/Ishizuka
- Dimensions: 240 x 170 x 18 mm (9.4 x 6.7 x 0.7")
- Inner pouch dimensions: 185 x 120 mm (7.3 x 4.7")
- Materials: PVC, polyester, zinc alloy
- Comes with Japanese book about Aderia