Food samples, the replicas of their dishes and drinks that restaurants and cafés all over Japan use to lure customers in, have become one of the trademarks of the country's culture – and not just the food culture, since their creativity and craftsmanship make them almost works of art. An art that you can now try your hand at with the Aderia Glass Ice Cream Soda Food Sample Kit, which contains everything you need to make an amazingly realistic and very Japanese ice cream float with a retro twist!
Using the various materials included in the Aderia Glass Ice Cream Soda Food Sample Kit and some simple tools like a pair of rubber gloves, a spoon, and a pair of scissors, you can create a glass of melon-flavored soda with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cherry and wafer on top. If this didn't look old school enough, the glass itself is a plastic replica of the Alice model that glass maker company Aderia/Ishizuka has been producing since the 1970s. More than a novelty, this is a deep dive into vintage Japanese culture that any design fan will appreciate!
Specs and Features:
- Contains: juice pack (gelatin), plastic Aderia Alice glass, ice cubes (plastic), waffle with Aderia Retro logo, cherry (vinyl resin), ice cream (vinyl resin), paper flag
- Tools needed: hot water (90-100°C/194-212°F), room-temperature water, bowls, spoon, disposable chopsticks, rubber gloves, scissors, towel
- Glass capacity: 320 ml (11 fl oz)
- For ages 14 years and over
- Instructions/manual: Japanese