Every day at noon, the streets of Tokyo are filled with office workers who go out to lunch. Ia society that hasn't yet grasped the concept of the eight-hour day, lunch breaks are considered sacrosanct for everyone regardless of their position in the company or the nature of their work. But what happens if you're a driver? Or work in transportation? Or you're a technician out on a job? Thanko, the maker of some of Japan's (and Japan Trend Shop's) most ingenious devices, has the answer: it's the Thanko Car Rice Cooker and Lunch Box!
With an adapter that goes directly into your car's cigarette lighter socket, the Thanko Car Rice Cooker and Lunch Box prepares one "go" (0.18 l) of rice and then keeps it warm, together with your okazu (the dishes that accompany rice like a fillet of fish, a fried croquette, or a hamburger patty). This means you can have a real cooked meal at the perfect temperature, even when you are out on the road. And even if you don't work from your car, this is a great gadget for outings, road trips, or long commutes!
Specs and Features:
- Cooks and keeps rice warm
- Cooking time: approx. 25 min.
- Dimensions: approx. 240 x 100 x 80 mm (9.4 x 3.9 x 3.1")
- Weight: 817 g (1.8 lbs)
- Cable length: 135 cm (53")
- Operating power: DC 12 V, 9.2 A (car cigarette lighter adapter)
- power consumption: 110 W
- Capacity: max. 0.18 l (1 Japanese measure of rice)
- Materials: PC, silicone, aluminum
- Comes with measuring cup, storage pouch
- Instructions/manual: Japanese