For most people in the West, there's something fundamentally low budget when it comes to instant ramen, besides them being very cheap, that is. The words alone bring to mind college all-nighters or (almost) starving artists. It's not like that in Japan, though: "cup men," as instant ramen is usually called, is a big deal in Japan, with a wide array of flavors and varieties. And the Thanko Instant Ramen for One Cooker, a dedicated cooker for instant noodles, is the proof!
With a one-liter (33.9 fl oz) capacity, the Thanko Instant Ramen for One Cooker won't stop at instant ramen: you can also prepare other Japanese soul food staples like curry rice and okayu (rice porridge), and its slider allows you to set the temperature at exactly the right setting up to 320°C (608°F). But the truth is that it's at its best when you use it with your instant noodles of choice – as a cooker or as a bowl to eat them hot, slurping and everything!
Specs and Features:
- Use with instant noodles
- Ideal for 1 serving
- Max. temperature: 320°C (608°F)
- Max. water capacity: 0.8 liter (27.1 fl oz) (full capacity: 1 liter, 33.8 fl oz)
- Temperature setting: stepless slider
- Boiling time: 6 minutes (500 ml / 16.9 fl oz of room-temperature water)
- Dimensions: 180 x 145 x 175 mm (7 x 5.7 x 6.8")
- Weight: approx. 1.35 g (2.9 lbs)
- Power voltage: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 800 W
- Power cable length: approx. 100 cm (30.4")
- Materials: aluminum alloy (fluorine-processed)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese