Few scenes in the history of Studio Ghibli are more adorable than the one where little Mei is sleeping on the belly of the big Totoro in the heart of the forest from the 1988 My Neighbor Totoro, arguably Hayao Miyazaki's most popular film. And it's this scene that is featured in the My Neighbor Totoro Umbrella in a beautiful print that will make you smile every time you got out in the rain. No matter how dark the skies are!
Open the My Neighbor Totoro Umbrella and as soon as its eight ribs pop into place, its 1,000 mm (39.4") canopy will become a print showing the forest with Totoro lying down on one corner and Mei sleeping on him. The image is designed in such a way that it looks like you're looking down at it from above, creating a charming optical illusion: looking down while looking up! And this is a sight for your eyes only, since the outer side of the umbrella is just plain green!
Specs and Features:
- Official Studio Ghibli merchandise
- Double-sided: 1 color on the outside, illustrated on the inside
- My Neighbor Totoro engraving on the handle
- Ribs: 8
- Dimensions: 850 x 1,000 x 10 mm (33.5 x 39.4 x 0.4")
- Weight: 250 g (8.8 oz)
- Materials: polyester, steel, glass fiber, synthetic wood