Kairo, aka pocket warmers, have been a thing in Japan since the 17th century. Back in the day, people used heated stones they wrapped in cloth and carry inside their kimono. Even today, you can get small bags with chemicals that generate heat and you can use for several hours before throwing them away. Thanko, though, went one step further and created a clothing item with built-in kairo that generates heat from electricity: the Thanko New Washable Heater Vest!
The heated vest comes in just one size but has an adjustable side zipper that allows you to modify it for body types. It has five heating elements that are powered by a battery that you can charge from any USB power source and, depending on the heat setting, you choose (it has low, medium, and high), it can stay warm from three to eight hours. And if you are conscious about your appearance, don't worry: its designers have gone to great lengths to make it look like a trendy piece of clothing that fits any urban setting!
Specs and Features:
- One size fits all (four-stage adjustable using side zipper)
- Heating elements: 5 graphene elements
- Heat settings: low, medium, high
- Warm-up time: approx. 10 secs.
- Continuous operation time (on 10,000 mAh mobile battery): low 3-8 hours, medium 3-6.5 hours, high 3-5 hours
- Length (front): 62 cm (24.4")
- Length (back): 65 cm (25.5")
- Width: 50-62 cm (19.6-24.4")
- Cuffs: 60-70 cm (23.6-27.5")
- Weight: approx. 230 g (8.1 oz)
- Power supply: USB battery (5 V, 2 A)
- Power consumption: 10 W
- Battery pocket dimensions: 120 x 190 mm (4.7 x 7.4")
- Front pocket dimensions: 140 x 155 mm (5.5 x 6")
- Materials: polyamide, polyester
- Instructions/manual: Japanese