If you understand what the kotatsu part means in the name of the Thanko Kotanpo Personal Kotatsu New, you really know your Japan. If you don't, a kotatsu is a combination of a table with a heater under it and a comforter over it that has used to cope with the winter in Japan for centuries. The problem with a kotatsu, however, is that it's a piece of furniture, meaning you're stuck in one place. But if you want to be able to move around and still stay warm, the Thanko Kotanpo Personal Kotatsu New is the answer.
The Thanko Kotanpo Personal Kotatsu New is essentially an open-ended sleeping bag that leaves your feet free so you can walk around your house. Like a real kotatsu, it comes with a heater with a range between 38 and 55°C (100.4-131°F) that you can set in 3°C increments and it even has a hand warmer pocket that keeps your hands toasty in between, say, turning the pages of your book or changing the channel on your TV. It has four auto-off timer settings (30 to 120 minutes) so you won't overheat and its soft polyester offers perfect insulation!
Specs and Features:
- Hand warmer pocket
- Feet openings for ease of movement
- Velcro-style and drawstring size-adjustment straps
- Auto-off timer settings: 30 min., 60 min., 90 min., 120 min.
- Temperature settings: approx. 38-55°C (100.4-131°F) in 3°C increments
- Dimensions: 480 x 320 x 1,300 mm (18.8" x 12.5" x 4.2 ft)
- Weight: approx. 1.35 kg (3 lbs) (main unit), approx. 400 g (14.1 oz) (heater)
- Cable length: 270 cm (8.8 ft)
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V, 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 60 W
- Material: polyester, polypropylene