Thanks to both tourism and social media, the world finally caught up with something the Japanese knew for over a century: that their cuisine is among the more varied in the world, because of not only the countless influences it has received from the East and West, but also because of its unique way of absorbing them and making them its own. Take Cantonese dim sum, for example: from shrimp dumplings to wonton and spring rolls, pretty much everything has become part of Japanese cuisine and transformed to fit the Japanese palate. Including the appliances to cook them too, like the Lithon Electric Bamboo Steamer!
The Lithon Electric Bamboo Steamer comes in two sizes: one with two 15 x 8.5 cm (5.9 x 3.3") baskets and one with a 15 x 8.5 cm (5.9 x 3.3") basket and a 21 x 8.5 cm (8.3 x 3.3") basket. That way you can prepare as much food as you want for yourself, family, or friends. Both models come with the same base that you fill with water (up to 500 ml or 16.9 fl oz) and on which you put the traditional bamboo baskets to get delicious dim sum.
Specs and Features:
- Options: small, large
- Capacity: up to 500 ml (16.9 fl oz)
- Timer: up to 30 min.
- Small: KDSC-002B (2 approx. 15 cm/5.9" baskets)
- Large: KDSC-003B (1 approx. 15 cm/5.9" baskets, 1 approx. 21 cm/8.3" basket)
- Dimensions (electric base): approx. 18 x 19 x 9.5 cm (7 x 7.5 x 3.7")
- Dimensions (base plate): approx. 22.5 x 3 cm (8.9 x 1.2")
- Dimensions (smaller basket): approx. 15 x 8.5 cm (5.9 x 3.3")
- Dimensions (larger basket): approx. 21 x 8.5 cm (8.3 x 3.3")
- Weight (electric base + base plate): approx. 550 g (1.2 lbs)
- Materials: PP, bamboo
- Power supply: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 400 W
- Power cord length: approx. 1.4 m (4.6 ft)
- Comes with recipe book (in Japanese)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese