It's one of those secrets-that-aren't-secrets behind Japanese cuisine's healthiness: a lot of things are steamed! Vegetables, mushrooms, fish, and even chicken or meat can be prepared in the steamer fast and with all their nutrients intact. So if you want to go deep into Japanese cooking, beyond sushi and tempura, you need a really practical steamer. Like the Toffy Compact Food Steamer K-FS1, which is available in two colors (pale aqua and ash white) to serve not only your culinary but also your design needs!
The reason the Toffy Compact Food Steamer K-FS1 is practical is its simplicity: you choose if you want to use one or both of its compartments (it also comes with a tray for four eggs, so you can use one compartment just for that), pour water into the base, and fire it up. It has an off-timer that shuts it down after 30 minutes, but of course you can adjust the time to your needs. And that's it: healthy and delicious ingredients for all your Japanese dishes at your fingertips!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: pale aqua, ash white
- Dimensions: approx. 236 x 238 x 154 mm (9.2 x 9.3 x 6")
- Weight (unit only): approx. 1 kg (2.2 lbs)
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V, 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 350 W
- Power cord length: approx. 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Timer: max. 30 min.
- Comes with 2 food compartments and 2 trays (for 4 eggs)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese