A Forest Crayons Set? What's so exciting about forest colors? Green for leaves, brown for tree trunks. That's about it, right? Actually, no: when three quarters of your country is made up of mountains covered in forests like Japan, you become more attuned to the subtleties of the countless greens and browns that make up any forest. And this set brings to you ten of the most exciting among those tints, allowing you to create amazing results regardless if it is for a small school project or a full-on art exhibition!
The pastels in the Forest Crayons Set not only carry the names and the colors of ten of the most common trees in Japanese forests (including hinoki cypress, keyaki zelkova, and the omnipresent sugi cedar), they also carry a small part of the real trees themselves! Together with the rice wax and the rice-bran oil that are their main components, the crayons are mixed with dust from the trees. This gives the pastels a more organic feel that becomes imbued in your art!
Specs and Features:
- 10 colors: bogwood, chinaberry, bayberry, keyaki zelkova, kaizuka juniper, sugi cedar, katsura judas tree, magnolia, hazenoki wax tree, hinoki cypress
- Materials: rice wax, rice-bran oil, wood dust
- Box dimensions: 10.5 x 14.5 x 1.5 cm (4.1 x 5.7 x 0.6")
- Crayon dimensions: 1 x 7.5 cm (0.4 x 2.9")
- For ages: 3 and over
- Special order: please allow 1-2 months for delivery
- Made in Japan