Masks were already an everyday thing in Japan decades before Covid-19, but something else that became equally ubiquitous during the coronavirus pandemic was the contactless thermometer. Every shop and home seemed to acquire at least one, allowing people to know at any given moment if they (or those around them) have reasons to worry. The Tanita BT-54X Non-Contact Thermometer is one such device, but with a twist: it isn't just for measuring body temperature!
The Tanita BT-54X Non-Contact Thermometer comes with two measuring modes, one for body temperature with a range of 34-43°C (93.2-109.4°F), and one for food with a range of 0.1-99.9°C (32-211°F). This means that you can get close to anyone or anything and get an accurate reading of their temperature! Particularly useful for parents with babies who want to be very careful of the temperature of the milk, formula, or food they give their children, anyone who wants a clear picture of how hot things in their environment are will find this device indispesnable. Available in two colors: blue and ivory.
Specs and Features:
- Contactless, easy-to-use body and food thermometer
- Colors: blue, ivory
- Measurement method: infrared
- Modes: body, food
- Range (body mode): 34-43°C (93.2-109.4°F)
- Range (food mode): 0.1-99.9°C (32-211°F)
- Dimensions: 49 x 129 x 39 mm (1.9 x 5 x 1.5")
- Weight: 90 g (3.1 oz)
- Materials: ABS, PMMA
- Auto power-off function
- Batteries: 2 AAA alkaline
- Battery life: approx. 5,000 measurements
- Instructions/manual: Japanese