Set as it is in Kumamoto, on the island of Kyushu, Kumamoto Castle is often not included in trips to Japan unless the visitor has more than a few days to spare. And that's a shame because the 15th-century castle has been rebuilt and renewed several times, and is considered one of Japan's finest castles, along those at Himeji and Matsumoto. If you're a fan of samurai castles, you can create a perfect image of one with the Kumamoto Castle Wooden Collage Art Kit!
What makes the Kumamoto Castle Wooden Collage Art Kit really special is the material: thin veneers of wood of several different varieties (Japanese cedar, Japanese cypress, Japanese hop-hornbeam, Japanese horse chestnut, yellow cedar, pine, cherry, and zelkova) with different parts of the image printed on them. Using simple tools (precision cutter, scissors, and tweezers) and glue, you can put these together to create an A4-sized, semi-3D replica that you will love looking at!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions (completed): A4, 297 x 210 mm (11.7 x 8.2")
- Time needed to complete: approx. 10 hours
- Materials: Japanese cedar, Japanese cypress, Japanese hop-hornbeam, Japanese horse chestnut, yellow cedar, pine, cherry, zelkova, cardboard
- Tools needed: precision cutter, scissors, tweezers, glue
- Simple 333 x 425 mm (13.1 x 16.7") frame included