Morning View of Nihonbashi Wooden Collage Art Kit
Utagawa Hiroshige Japanese woodblock print handicraft set
The woodblock print series 53 Stations of the Tokaido, based on spots along the road that connected Edo (old Tokyo) to Kyoto back in the days of the samurai, is one of the masterpieces of Japanese art and the reason its creator, Utagawa Hiroshige, one of its masters. Among the 53 images, the one named Morning View of Nihonbashi is the one most dear to the Tokyoites' heart because it shows the bridge that was the entrance of Edo. And with the Morning View of Nihonbashi Wooden Collage Art Kit, you can make a reproduction of it using natural Japanese wood!
In the Morning View of Nihonbashi Wooden Collage Art Kit, you find sheets of various types and colors of wood including Japanese cedar, Japanese cypress, Japanese horse chestnut, pine, cherry, and walnut, with the elements of Hiroshige's famous print drawn on. Using simple household tools like a precision cutter, scissors, tweezers, and glue, you can cut and paste all these elements together. The kit also contains cardboard of various thicknesses so the end image will have a 3D effect that looks even more beautiful if you frame it!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions (completed): A4, 297 x 210 mm (11.7 x 8.2")
- Time needed to complete: approx. 8 hours
- Materials: Japanese cedar, Japanese cypress, Japanese hop-hornbeam, Japanese horse chestnut, yellow cedar, pine, cherry, zelkova, beech, walnut, cardboard
- Tools needed: precision cutter, scissors, tweezers, glue
- Basic 333 x 425 mm (13.1 x 16.7") wooden frame included