What do sake, miso paste, and soy sauce have in common besides being staples of Japanese cuisine? They all contain some variant of koji or, as it's known in scientific circles, Aspergillus oryzae, a fungus that ferments ingredients and creates some of the most widely used tools of any Japanese chef, professional or amateur. One of the things made using koji that doesn't get the publicity the rest enjoy is amazake, or sweet sake. And with the Freeze-dried Koji Amazake, you can try this delicious, healthy drink for yourself.
Usually very low in alcohol, warm, and served topped with ginger, amazake is a drink associated with traditional winter events and folk festivals. Freeze-dried Koji Amazake goes one step further and is completely alcohol-free, so everyone in the family can drink and benefit from it. The best part is how easy it is to make: just open one of the 10 bags in this pack, put the contents in a cup, add hot (or even cold if you prefer) water, stir, and your amazake is ready!
Specs and Features:
- Contains: 10 bags
- Weight/bag: 21 g (0.74 oz)
- Ingredients: amazake (rice, rice koji fungus, salt), rice koji fungus powder, rice powder
- Energy (21 g/0.74 oz): 82 kcal
- Protein (21 g/0.74 oz): 1.3 g (0.04 oz)
- Fats (21 g/0.74 oz): 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates (21 g/0.74 oz): 18.8 g (0.66 oz)
- Salt equivalent (21 g/0.74 oz): 0.1 g
- Sugar (21 g/0.74 oz): 0 g
- Alcohol (21 g/0.74 oz): 0%