Izameshi is one of the many companies that cater for a very specific need in the Japanese market, one that unfortunately will never cease to exist: the market for goods for emergency situations, of which Japan has plenty every year. Between earthquakes, typhoons, mudslides, floods, tsunami, and volcanic eruptions, the Japanese are very often required to get their go bags and run to the nearest evacuation spot. Products like the Izameshi Long-Life Anko Mochi mean you can take a little normalcy (and even a little luxury) with you.
Packed in special very durable plastic that keeps them fresh for three years from the date of manufacture, the Izameshi Long-Life Anko Mochi is a set of six mochi sweets made of pounded rice. If you know anything about Japanese food culture, you know that mochi are one of the most common traditional sweets and available in all kinds of shapes and flavors. These ones also come with a pack of water and anko red bean paste, allowing you to create a traditional Japanese dessert anywhere in the world. And it doesn't need to be an emergency either: they are a great choice to take along on your next camping trip too!
Specs and Features:
- Contains 6 mochi sweets, 1 pack of water, 1 pack of anko red bean paste
- Energy (whole pack): 249 kcal
- Protein (whole pack): 0.9 g
- Fats: (whole pack): 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates (whole pack): 60.7 g
- Salt equivalent (whole pack): 0.1 g
- Expiration date: 3 years from the date of manufacture
- Dimensions: 185 x 205 mm (7.3 x 8")
- Weight: 153 g (5.4 oz)
- Comes with chopsticks