In order to hide the embarrassing sounds of peeing and using the toilet, Toto developed a function for its lavatories called the Otohime, or "sound princess". This then spawned many mobile versions. Here is a brilliant and practical update, which does not require installation and can be placed in any home bathroom. The Eco Melody 3201 Toilet Sound Blocker can be attached to your wall, ready to be pressed whenever nature comes calling and you don't want others around you to hear.
Just one touch of the button and the sound of running water plays. You can switch to different sound levels too (loud or quiet). Just hang it on the wall or leave it on a nearby surface for whenever the social situation demands some red face-saving sound. This type of gadget is "eco" because in the past Japanese women used to flush the toilet multiple times to hide their own noise, but with the Eco Melody 3201 to hand, you can save water!
The Eco Melody 3201 features:
- Toilet sound blocker
- Can be attached to wall, hung from a hook or left on a surface
- Sound level is adjustable by top button
- Maximum sound: 80db
- Size: 74 x 74 x 32mm (2.9 x 2.9 x 1.3")
- Weight: 62g (2.2 oz)
- Materials: ABS
- Power: AA batteries x 2 (not included)
- Includes tape for attaching to wall, wooden screw
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)