Every spring, the Japanese come up with a new idea to help them make it through the summer and the brief is always the same: it needs to be something that isn't bulky, lasts for as many hours as possible, offers the maximum cooling effect with the minimum cost, and, if possible, is fun to use. The Cooloop Ruddy certainly checks all these boxes and actually takes the the "fun" part one step further, becoming a fashion accessory – and an instant hit among Japanese youth!
The trick is in the liquid it contains: put the Cooloop Ruddy in the freezer for 10 minutes or in a tub of water for 30 minutes and the liquid inside will freeze. Then you just put it around your neck and it keeps you cool for hours, until it becomes liquid again. Yes, it really is that simple. And it's also compact (14 x 15.5 x 2.5 cm / 5.5 x 6.1 x 1") and available in four pastel colors (beige, coral, lavender, and ash) to match your outfit. It will even freeze if you leave it a few hours in a room with a temperature of 28°C (82.4°F) or lower!
Specs and Features:
- Colors: beige, coral, lavender, ash
- Dimensions: 14 x 15.5 x 2.5 cm (5.5 x 6.1 x 1")
- Inner circumference: 32 cm (12.6")
- For neck sizes: 28-36 cm (11-14.2")
- Freezing temperature: 28°C (82.4°F)
- Estimated cooling time (approximately): freezer 10 min., tap water 30 min., environment below 28°C (82.4°F) 3 hours
- Materials: TPU, PCM
- Instructions/manual: Japanese