Having grown up on a diet that includes miso soup, soy sauce, natto beans, pickles, and sake, the Japanese regarded fermented foods as an important part of their diet centuries before the West realized that these foods can do wonders for the health of our stomach and intestines. This is the reason that the Japanese market offers all kinds of appliances for making home food fermentation easy. No matter how hard you look, though, you won't find a device more convenient than the Compact Hakko Maker Food Fermenter!
The Compact Hakko Maker Food Fermenter by Bruno is essentially a low (25-80°C or 77-176°F) temperature cooker. As a matter of fact, you can use it like one, since its 1°C-increment temperature setting allows you to cook anything you want at the exact temperature you need. Its compartment is big enough to fit a 500 ml (17 fl oz) carton of milk and it comes with two separate containers so you can prepare and store different things (for example, yogurt and cheese). Equipped with a timer that goes up to 48 hours in 1-hour increments, and simple to operate with just one button, this is the easiest way to add freshly fermented foods to your diet!
Specs and Features:
- Color: charcoal brown, ecru
- Temperature setting: 25-80°C (77-176°F) in 1°C increments
- Time setting: 1-48 hours in 1-hour increments
- Dimensions: 133 x 182 x 133 mm (5.2 x 7.2 x 5.2")
- Weight: approx. 600 g (1.3 lbs)
- Materials: polypropylene, polycarbonate, stainless steel
- Power consumption: 40 W
- Operating voltage: AC 100V
- Power cord length: approx. 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Comes with 2 dedicated containers, draining cup, measuring spoon
- Instructions/manual: Japanese