Compared to the precise times of regularly (hot) brewed tea that are measured in seconds (usually 30 for a good cup of green Japanese tea), cold brew tea is much more forgiving: depending on how strong you want your tea or the variety of the tea itself, the brewing can take anywhere from six to twelve hours! Why would you want to wait that long? Because cold brewing extracts less tannins from tea and that means your tea has a smoother body, lighter taste, and sweeter aromas and flavors, particularly if you ice it. If you are willing to give it a try, the Cold Brew Japanese Tea Set is just what you need!
What you get with the Cold Brew Japanese Tea Set is a 85 x 300 mm (3.3 x 11.8") brewing bottle with a capacity of 750 ml (25.4 fl oz) and a filter that allows you to brew your tea as many hours as you want, as well as three varieties of high-quality green tea in leaves. With 40 g (1.4 oz) of single-origin Yama no Ibuki, 80 g (2.8 oz) of blended tea, and another 80 g (2.8 oz) of aromatic genmaicha (tea with roasted brown rice), you have plenty to experiment with and find the flavor you like best!
Specs and Features:
- Contains 3 packs of tea, filter/brewing bottle, teaspoon
- Tea packs: single-origin Yama no Ibuki 40 g (1.4 oz), blended tea, 80 g (2.8 oz), aromatic genmaicha 80 g (2.8 oz)
- Hario filter/brewing bottle dimensions: 85 x 300 mm (3.3 x 11.8")
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml (25.4 fl oz)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese