Despite its close relationship to acupuncture and acupressure massage, moxibustion (i.e., warming special spots on the body by burning mugwort leaves) took some time to become popular in the West and one of the reasons is people are understandably a little concerned about the whole burning thing. And even though actual moxibustion isn't dangerous, the Sennen Flame-Free Self-Adhesive Moxibustion Patches are even easier to use. Because they don't use a live flame at all!
When you peel off their protective film, the Sennen Flame-Free Self-Adhesive Moxibustion Patches start warming up. You just apply them to the spot you want to target and they will keep a temperature of 40-50°C (104-122°F) for either four hours (the medium-size version) or eight hours (the large version), making the patches simple to yse yet effective against a wide range of pains and discomforts. The perfect way to try this ancient Asian therapy and feel better even after the first patch!
The Sennen Flame-Free Self-Adhesive Moxibustion Patches feature:
- No live flame
- Just apply to the skin and leave
- Sizes: medium, large
- Duration: 4 hours (medium), 8 hours (large)
- Temperature: 40-50°C (104-122°F)
- Number of patches: 24 (medium), 10 (large)
- Patch dimensions: 120 x 90 x 150 mm (4.72 x 3.54 x 5.9")
- Active material: mugwort leaves
- Instructions: Japanese (but easy to use)
- Made in Japan