Kiribako is the craft (bordering on art) of creating boxes from the wood of the paulownia (or tung) tree. If you have ever seen the fine boxes in which high-quality pottery items are stored in Japan, you know what we mean. The artisans of Masuda Kiribako in Japan's Fukuoka Prefecture decided to take the idea one step further and created something that is for storing what is arguably Japan's most precious commodity: rice. And thus the Kome Bitsu Rice Storage Box was born.
Big enough to hold 3 kg (6.6 lbs) of rice, the Kome Bitsu Rice Storage Box is a marvelous mix of classic organic material and craftsmanship with modern design. Details like the acrylic transparent lid and the magnet holding the masu measure cup stored in the inside of the same lid make this container as much contemporary as its plain paulowia wood and the joinery used makes it classic. Store your rice in a way that says "Japan" in the best possible way!
The Kome Bitsu Rice Storage Box features:
- Dimensions: 215 x 215 x 162 mm (8.4 x 8.4 x 6.3")
- Weight: 1 kg (2.2 lbs)
- Rice capacity: 3 kg (6.6 lbs)
- Contains magnetic masu (traditional rice measure cup) with a rice capacity of 180 ml (6.1 fl oz)
- Material: paulownia wood, acrylic (lid)
- Handmade in Koga, Fukuoka Prefecture, by Masuda Kiribako a traditional kiribako (paulownia box) workshop
- As each box is made by hand, size and coloring may vary slightly
- Do not use in oven, microwave, washing machine, refrigerator, etc.
- Instructions: Japanese