Shibori is one of the many techniques that make kimono fabrics so amazing to look at and wear. It refers to tying countless tiny knots on the fabric before dyeing, creating incredible patterns and textures. One of the most characteristic types of shibori is bai shibori, so named because the fabric resembles a seashell, which is exactly the type of look that makes the Bunzaburo Bai Shibori Bicolor Petit Bag such a unique fashion item!
As if its texture wasn't original enough, this pouch bag by Bunzaburo shares another characteristic of good kimono fabric: it has two colors! Depending on the version you choose, you get either pink and gray, blue and purple, or ivory and brown, allowing you to accessorize with almost anything. And if you're wondering whether this is real shibori, the answer is yes: Bunzaburo is among Kyoto's most famous kimono fabric makers, specializing in all shibori techniques since 1915!
Specs and Features:
- Made by century-old Kyoto kimono manufacturer Bunzaburo
- Ideal for use as a small shopping bag
- Colors: pink/gray, blue/purple, ivory/brown
- Dimensions (shrunk): 14 x 19 x 4 cm (5.5 x 7.4 x 1.5")
- Dimensions (expanded): 44 x 45 cm (17.3 x 17.7")
- Material: polyester