New from Gakken, the world's premiere electronics hobbyist depot, comes the Vacuum Tube Radio Ver. 2. Featured in MAKE magazine, and improving on the already-popular Vacuum Radio Ver. 1, this kit contains everything you need to build your own vintage vacuum-tube radio. Vacuum tubes produce a warmer sound than transistors, and many audiophiles still prefer their vintage, analog character. Assemble this radio and enjoy the sounds of yesteryear.
Ver. 2 includes several tools to improve the sound quality of the radio, such as a pin straightener for the vacuum tubes, insulating rubber feet, and a variable condenser for finer tuning.
The Vacuum Tube Radio Ver. 2 features:
- Fully functional 3-tube amplified radio
- Included in kit: frame, 3 vacuum tubes, speaker, wire, earphones, mic, pin straightener, driver
- Authentic period circuitry layout
- Power: Five 9V batteries and one C battery (not included)
- Size: 370 x 425 x 170cm (15.5 x 16.7 x 6.7")
- Weight: 600g
- Assembly required (approximately two hours)
- Manual: Japanese