For those times when you are desperate to know when the mailman has come, the Mailbox Sentry from Thanko is the gadget just for you. The kind of device that only Japan could create, it sends out an alert when something has arrived in your post.
Known as the Posto no Mihariban in Japan, all you have to do is set up the antenna and transmitter on the inside of the lid of your post box. When something is put inside by the mailman it sends out a signal to your receiver, connected up to 100m away in your home.
Each signal clocks up a number on the receiver so you even know how many items have been delivered. If used ten times in a day the transmitter power will last some five months. Very useful for people living in apartment blocks with lots of stairs, have no more wasted trips to the check on the mail with the Mailbox Sentry!
The Thanko Mailbox Sentry features:
- Post box delivery alert gadget
- Includes: receiver, transmitter, antenna, AC adapter
- Receiver size: 130 x 75 x 26mm (5.1 x 3 x 26")
- Transmitter size: 72 x 69 x 62mm (2.8 x 2.7 x 2.4")
- Antenna cable: c.480mm (18.9")
- Range: c.100m (109 yards)
- Signal: 315MHz
- Weight: 165g (transmitter, with battery), 100g (receiver)
- Power: 9V battery (transmitter, not included), AC adapter or 9V battery (receiver)
- Instructions: Japanese only
- Recommended for use with post boxes with lids over 6cm (2.4") in length