Yamamoto Noriten has been in the nori seaweed business since 1850, before Tokyo was even called "Tokyo"! Their main shop is still in the same spot it has been for over 150 years in Nihonbashi in the heart of the city. If you want the best-quality nori for your sushi or onigiri rice balls, this is the place to go. If you aren't in Tokyo, though, the Yamamoto Nori Kabuki, Ukiyoe Seaweed Cans are the best way to get this nori in your kitchen.
Besides the superb quality and taste of their nori, these cans are great collector's items in their own right. There are two versions. The kabuki set features spectacular illustrations of iconic characters from the traditional theater, while the ukiyoe set features two famous woodblock prints by masters Utamaro and Hokusai. If you are looking for a great combination of vibrant looks and tasty substance, and a unique present for your self or any other fan of Japan, these seaweed can sets are the way to go!
The Yamamoto Nori Kabuki, Ukiyoe Seaweed Cans features:
- Version: Kabuki, Ukiyoe (Tokyo Premium)
- Dimensions (Kabuki): 15.2 x 10.7 x 7.6 cm (5.9 x 4.2 x 2.9”)
- Dimensions (Ukiyoe): 16.7 x 11.1 x 9 cm (6.5 x 4.3 x 3.5”)
- Weight (nori/can): 20 g (0.7 oz)
- Ingredients: natural nori seaweed, wheat, soy beans, sesame, plum, wasabi, table salt, sugar, tea, yeast extract, soy sauce, marine products extract, etc.
- Expiration date: 15 months after production date (if unopened)
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight
- Image shows serving suggestion