For a culture that only learned about the benefits of milk less than 150 years ago, Japan has managed to catch up very quickly and come up with some amazingly delicious dairy products, including yogurt and cheese. That these involve fermentation, something the Japanese know a lot about, has certainly played a role. Lately, yogurt has become even more popular thanks to the introduction of extra thick, almost chewy Greek type of yogurt and people have been trying to duplicate it at home – with appliances like the Vitantonio Yogurt Maker VYG-60!
Just 125 x 145 x 280 mm (4.9 x 5.7 x 11") and capable of using 500 ml (17 fl oz) and 1,000 ml (34 fl oz) milk cartons, the Vitantonio Yogurt Maker VYG-60 only takes up a small corner of your kitchen and sits patiently for hours, keeping the temperature of its contents at the precise temperature you need (you can set it from 25 to 70°C, or 77° to 158°F, in 1°C increments) for the best fermentation of your yogurt. And since it has such a wide temperature range, it can also double as a slow cooker for healthy and amazingly tasty meat or vegetable dishes!
Specs and Features:
- Temperature settings: 25-70°C (77°-158°F) in 1°C increments
- Timer settings: 30 minutes to 99 hours
- Snooze function/reminder
- Auto menus
- Compatible with 500 ml (17 fl oz) and 1,000 ml (34 fl oz) milk cartons
- Dimensions: approx. 125 x 145 x 280 mm (4.9 x 5.7 x 11")
- Weight: 810 g (1.8 lbs)
- Operating voltage: AC 100 V, 50/60 Hz
- Power consumption: 30 W
- Power cord length: approx. 1.4 m (4.6 ft)
- Materials: polypropylene, stainless steel
- Comes with spoon, milk carton cover, draining filter, recipe book (Japanese)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese