They aren't used anymore, having been made obsolete by more accurate volume indicators, but there was a time when analog VU meters were symbols of music. A vital component of sound consoles and recording equipment, these little square windows with a needle moving according to the audio level were for many years synonymous with recording studios, radio stations, live concerts, and anything that involved sound. If you are longing for those days, or want to add a steampunk edge to your space, the USB Analog VU Meter is for you!
The USB Analog VU Meter is 162 x 43 x 54 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 2.1") big, weighs just 233 g (8.2 oz), and needs 5V to operate. It takes the power it needs from a standard USB port on your computer or smartphone charger. You don't even need to connect it to a sound source because it's built-in microphone picks up sounds from the environment, but if you want it to respond to music, just place it near your speakers – even a smartphone speaker will do!
Specs and Features:
- Vintage/retro design with steampunk touches
- Built-in microphone
- 9-color LED front
- Dimensions: 162 x 43 x 54 mm (6.3 x 1.6 x 2.1")
- Weight: approx. 233 g (8.2 oz)
- Operating voltage: 5V
- Power supply: computer USB ports, smartphone chargers, etc.
- Compatible with USB A-C
- Materials: plastic, metal
- Comes with 95 cm (3.1 ft) USB cable
- Instructions/manual: Japanese