Toshiba has entered the robotic vacuum cleaner market with this very sophisticated mini gadget that can move around your home sweeping up dirt and dust from the floor. And best of all, the Toshiba Torneo Robo VC-RCX1 Self-Cleaning Robotic Cleaner is can take itself back to its "dust station" unit when it's done cleaning or needs power to unload and charge up.
You can even use the included "photo pointer" to work with the on-board cameras and view what's happening in your home on your phone. The Torneo Robo will move towards the photo pointer's location and show you what's there, meaning the cleaner even serves as a kind of security system.
Equipped with accurate sensors to help it navigate our crowded domestic spaces, Tthe 27 sensors and 360-degree camera allow the Torneo Robo see obstructions, while the spinning whiskers are long and effective at getting edges of rooms clean.
It senses piles of dust and so can carry out concentrated, efficient cleaning sessions rather than just moving around a space on auto pilot. It can even cope with small steps and bumps, passing over them like a mini tank.
The Toshiba Torneo Robo VC-RCX1 Self-Cleaning Robotic Cleaner features:
- Designed for uncarpeted surfaces
- Color: white
- Size: 350 x 350 x 87mm (13.8 x 13.8 x 3.4")
- Weight: 3.4kg (7.5 lb)
- Capacity: 0.2L (6.8 fl oz)
- Power: 18W
- Charging time: around 5 hours
- Runs for up to around 70 minutes
- 70 patterns of cleaning
- Dust station dock: 278 x 318 x 170mm (10.9 x 12.5 x 6.7")
- Includes dust station dock remote control, photo pointer, cleaning brush
- Camera communication: Bluetooth Version 2.1
- Photo pointer requires smartphone compatibility
- Instructions: Japanese
4Kg / 8.8lbs