Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kude Shoji Ball Wooden Puzzle
2021 Summer Olympic Games Kagawa traditional joinery craft item
Kude Shoji is a wood joinery technique used in Kagawa Prefecture in the northern part of the island of Shikoku to create amazingly ornamented window screens. The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kude Shoji Ball Wooden Puzzle celebrates this craftsmanship, allowing you to own a fine example of it and at the same time have a puzzle to keep your mind and hands busy - and have a unique memento of the summer of 2021, when Japan held its second Summer Olympic Games.
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kude Shoji Ball Wooden Puzzle is made from pieces of hinoki cypress, a beautiful white wood with a very characteristic smell that is indigenous to Japan and Taiwan. The kude shoji craftspeople cut each piece by hand and make sure that when you join them with elastic bands, you get a perfectly shaped soccer ball, complete with the Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo and Olympic rings on the inside. A very special offering from the official Tokyo 2020 Olympics merchandise catalog and a testament to the traditional crafts that are still alive in Japan.
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kude Shoji Ball Wooden Puzzle features:
- Official Tokyo 2020/21 Olympics merchandise
- Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo and Olympic rings
- Dimensions: 6.5 x 20 x 7 cm (2.5 x 7.8 x 2.7")
- Material: hinoki cypress
- Can be joined with rubber bands to create a soccer ball
- Colors and texture may vary from image
- Handmade in Kagawa Prefecture using the traditional kude shoji technique
- Special order: please allow 4 weeks for delivery