It has become a stereotype but for a good reason: even in the third decade of the 21st century, kimono are a common sight on the streets of Tokyo and if you happen to be in certain areas of the metropolis especially during the summer, you can see them in the hundreds! And this is the reason the official merchandise catalog of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games includes not one but two Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kimono Dolls: they are still (and probably will continue to be) one of the most iconic images of Japan.
There are two Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kimono Dolls - a smaller one (345 mm/13.5" tall) and a larger one (445mm/17.4" tall) - both with a wooden base and a separate tablet decorated with the Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo and the Olympic rings. They feature spectacular kimono, with their main colors red (small doll) and blue (large doll), with a fireworks-inspired pattern to portray the Japanese summer. Even if you are not a fan of the Olympics, these are perfect examples of classic Japanese doll-making that will become family heirlooms!
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kimono Doll features:
- Official Tokyo 2020 Olympics merchandise
- Sizes: small (red kimono), large, (blue kimono)
- Dimensions (large/blue): 445 x 240 x 210 mm (17.5 x 9.4 x 8.2")
- Dimensions (small/red): 345 x 225 x 180 mm (13.5 x 8.8 x 7")
- Materials: plaster, resin, wood, styrene, paper
- Features tablet/plaque with Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo, and Olympic rings
- Please allow 2 weeks for delivery