Not all kendama are the same and the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kendama White stands out from the others featured in the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games official merchandise lineup - both in terms of design and craftsmanship. This one has been made in Yamagata Prefecture's Nagai City in the northern part of Honshu Island and even if you are not an expert on kendama, you can appreciate the work that has been put into its making and that has earned it the seal of approval from the Japan Kendama Association.
As for looks, between its light-colored beech and cherry wood and white ball, the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kendama White is way too dignified and somber for a juggling tool, but the fun is still all there! On the center of the ball you find the Tokyo 2020 Olympics insignia and logo and the Olympic rings in color, and the cord attaching the ball to the "sword" hilt is also dark blue (the official color of the Games). And in case this is your first kendama, it also comes with a playbook!
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Kendama White features:
- Official Tokyo 2020/21 Olympics merchandise
- Features Tokyo 2020 Olympics insignia and logo and Olympic rings
- Approved by the Japan Kendama Association
- Length: 18 cm (7")
- Materials: beech wood, cherry wood, nylon (string)
- Comes with illustrated instructions (Japanese, but easy to play) and replacement string