Together with yukata, the light, cotton kimono with bright colors and patterns, jinbei are the quintessential summer clothes in Japan, especially for men and boys (not that women cannot wear them, though!). If you go to any July or August fireworks show in Tokyo, you will see thousands of people wearing jinbei and this is why the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Jinbei Shirt and Shorts Set Navy features a variation of the Tokyo 2020 Olympics logo arranged in a pattern called "hanabi" (fireworks).
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Jinbei Shirt and Shorts Set Navy comes in three sizes (for exact measurements, see below). They are made of very cool, plain weave silk shantung fabric and being traditional Japanese items, they use tie fasteners for their overlapping top (one inside, one outside) and a drawstring for the shorts. And because of the way the patterns are printed on the fabric, every set looks slightly different, so you know your jinbei is truly unique!
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Jinbei Shirt and Shorts Set Navy features:
- Official Tokyo 2020/21 Olympics merchandise
- For men
- Patterns vary
- Colors: blue, white, and hanabi (fireworks) pattern
- Inside tab with Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo, Olympic rings
- Sizes: M, L, LL
- M: chest 88-96 cm (35-38"), torso 76-84 cm (30-33"), for heights 165-175 cm (5.4-5.7 ft)
- L: chest 96-104 cm (38-41"), torso 84-94 cm (33-37"), for heights 175-185 cm (5.7-6 ft)
- LL: chest 104-112 cm (41-44"), torso 94-104 cm (37-41") for heights 175-185 cm (5.7-6 ft)
- Drawstring shorts
- 2-tie fastener for the top
- Material: silk shantung