The Olympic and Paralympic Games are, for the countries that host them, an opportunity to show the world their greatest offerings and Japan has always been a hotbed for a great many kinds of crafts. One is the Wajima-nuri lacquerware in Ishikawa Prefecture on the western side of the main Japanese island of Honshu. Using these techniques, local craftsmen have been creating amazing serveware for centuries and the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Ishikawa Lacquerware Tray is a wonderful example of their attention to detail and incredible quality.
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Ishikawa Lacquerware Tray has the deep crimson color of all Wajima-nuri lacquerware. Over time, this color becomes even deeper. On its front, it's decorated with a cropped image of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo in gold and, on the back, the tray features the Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo as well as the iconic Olympic rings. Beautiful enough to display like an art sculpture, this tray goes way beyond the level of your usual Olympics memorabilia!
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Ishikawa Prefecture Lacquerware Tray features:
- Official Tokyo 2020/21 Olympics merchandise
- Cropped image of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games logo on the front
- Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo and Olympic rings on the back
- Color: crimson and gold
- Handmade in Ishikawa Prefecture using traditional Wajima-nuri lacquering techniques
- Use and store away from direct sunlight
- Clean only by wiping lightly with a dry towel
- Made to order: please allow 4 weeks for delivery
- Dimensions: 243 x 30 mm (9.5 x 1.1")
- Material: wood, lacquer