Tokyo 2020 Olympics Iida Mizuhiki Pine Tree
Olympic Games commemorative traditional paper cord craft
The art of making decorations with mizuhiki, a cord made from twisted rice paper, is one of the lesser-known crafts outside of Japan but if you happen to be in the country around New Year's, you will see countless imaginative examples. For instance, trees, like the Tokyo 2020 Olympics Iida Mizuhiki Pine Tree featured here as part of the continuously growing catalog of official Tokyo Olympics memorabilia.
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Iida Mizuhiki Pine Tree is made by the Mizuhiki Association, based in the city of Iida in Nagano Prefecture, which is considered the best such group in Japan - they even have the certification from the Japanese government to prove it. The choice of the single pine isn't random either: both mizuhiki and pine are symbols of longevity, so by putting them together, it becomes doubly auspicious. And of course, there's always the added value of the official Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo and Olympic rings printed on the beautifully hand-lacquered wooden base!
The Tokyo 2020 Olympics Iida Mizuhiki Pine Tree features:
- Official Tokyo 2020 Olympics merchandise
- Traditional mizuhiki rice paper cord craft
- Handmade in Nagano Prefecture. Color/texture may vary
- Features Tokyo 2020 insignia and logo and Olympic rings logo
- Cord color: Tokyo Olympics blue
- Lacquered base
- Materials: paper, rayon, wood
- Dimensions: 20 x 28 x 16 cm (7.8 x 11 x 6.2")
- Please allow 2.5 months for delivery