The Great Wave Off Kanagawa Wooden Collage Art Kit
Famous Japanese woodblock print handicraft recreation kit
You don't need to be an art lover or even a Japan fanatic to know Hokusai's the Great Wave Off Kanagawa: the 1831 print is without doubt one of the world's most famous images, right up there with Da Vinci's Mona Lisa or Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring. And while it has been reprinted countless times in countless ways, this The Great Wave Off Kanagawa Wooden Collage Art Kit allows you to make a rendering of yours using some of Japan’s finest woods!
Put out some simple tools like a precision cutter, a pair of scissors, a pair of tweezers, and a bottle of glue, and open the box of The Great Wave Off Kanagawa Wooden Collage Art Kit: all the pieces you need to create an A4 (297 x 210 mm, 11.7 x 8.2") reproduction of the iconic image are there, plus a 333 x 425 mm (13.1 x 16.7") basic frame. All you need to do is cut them, and glue them together – there are even pieces of cardboard that allow some of the pieces to be different depths, giving the final image a 3D feel!
Specs and Features:
- Dimensions (completed): A4, 297 x 210 mm (11.7 x 8.2")
- Time needed to complete: approx. 10 hours
- Materials: Japanese cedar, Japanese cypress, Japanese hop-hornbeam, Japanese horse chestnut, yellow cedar, pine, cherry, zelkova, cardboard
- Tools needed: precision cutter, scissors, tweezers, glue
- Basic 333 x 425 mm (13.1 x 16.7") frame included