White shirts are so popular in Japan that they're even sold in convenience stores. The reason being that they are part of the corporate uniform of millions of office workers all over the country and worn throughout the year with or without a tie, and sometimes even without the full suit. But why are they sold at convenience stores? The answer is that there are times that they need to be changed during the workday because of a stain during lunch or because of a pen-in-the-pocket accident. The Thanko Ultrasonic Fabric Cleaner has come to help Japan's office workers deal with such problems without having to buy yet another white shirt!
The Thanko Ultrasonic Fabric Cleaner is 135 x 50 x 70 mm (5.3 x 2 x 2.8") and only weighs about 160 g (5.6 oz), so it can always be in your work briefcase or at the back of a drawer in your desk. It takes its power from any USB source that is at least 5 V /1 A and, with a 2.5-hour charge, can work for 30 minutes, more than enough time to make your white shirt white again. The only thing you need to do is sink the part with the stain in the water and rub the metallic tip of the cleaner: the ultrasounds the device produces dissolve the stain almost like magic!
Specs and Features:
- Ultrasonic frequency: approx. 25 kHz
- Waterproof: IPX4
- Dimensions: 135 x 50 x 70 mm (5.3 x 2 x 2.8")
- Weight: approx. 160 g (5.6 oz)
- Materials: ABS, silicone, stainless
- Power: rechargeable 3.7 V 650 mAh lithium battery
- Charging source: USB (5V 1 A and over)
- Charging time: approx. 2.5 hours
- Operation time: approx. 30 min.
- Comes with USB cable (Type C)
- USB cable length: approx. 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese