You know about the onsen hot springs and the sento public baths, but did you also know that part of the Japanese bath experience is also the ashiyu or foot bath? If you visit an onsen town, you will also see public shallow pools drawing hot water from the same springs with people sitting around and soaking their feet. Sounds like fun? It is – and a great way to ease fatigue. If you don't live in Kusatsu, Beppu, or any other of those onsen towns, you can now duplicate the experience at home with the Thanko Portable Foot Bath!
What will make you immediately fall in love with the Thanko Portable Foot Bath is that it's, well, portable and folding. This means that when you want to store it, the bath becomes a mere 360 x 180 x 350 mm (14.2 x 7 13.8") and you can even keep it inside a closet or under your bed. And when you're home after a tiring day and want to give your feet the treatment they deserve, just pull it out, open it to its full 360 x 90 x 350 mm (14.2 x 3.54 x 13.8"), fill it with anywhere between 3-7 liters of water, set the temperature anywhere from 35-47°C (95-116.6°F), and fire it up!
Specs and Features:
- Temperature settings: 35-47°C (95-116.6°F) in one-degree steps
- Timers: 30 min., 40 min., 50 min., 60 min.
- Corresponding foot size: max. 27 cm (US Men’s 9, EU 42.5)
- Dimensions (open): 360 x 90 x 350 mm (14.2 x 3.54 x 13.8")
- Dimensions (folded): 360 x 180 x 350 mm (14.2 x 7 13.8")
- Weight: approx. 1.65 kg (3.6 lbs)
- Power supply: AC 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- Power consumption: 500 W
- Capacity: 3-7 liters (1.8 gallons)
- Power cord length: 180 cm (0.8-5.9 ft)
- Instructions/manual: Japanese (but easy to use)