Isn't it amazing how much cold we feel through our ears? We might be in bed wearing our warm sleepwear and under our thick comforter, but as long as our ears are poking out, our whole head feels cold! When we're out and about, earmuffs are a solution to this problem but you can't go to bed wearing muffs. This is what Japan's top gadget maestros Thanko came up with a brilliant idea, inspired by one of our most common electronic accessories, earphones: it's the Thanko Mimipokka Ear Relaxer!
Sized like a regular pair of plug-type earphones (14 x 12.5 x 17 mm or 0.6 x 0.5 x 0.7") and coming with different tips for a better fit, the two ends of the Thanko Mimipokka Ear Relaxer are worn like audio earbuds but when plugged into a USB source, warm up and keep your ears from getting cold. They can be set in three different temperatures going up to 43°C (109.4°F) and they have a 30-minute auto-off timer that turns them off when you have fallen asleep!
Specs and Features:
- Modes: low 37°C (98.6°F), medium 40°C (104°F), high 43°C (109.4°F)
- Auto-off timer: 30 min.
- Dimensions: 14 x 12.5 x 17 mm (0.6 x 0.5 x 0.7")
- Controller dimensions: 20 x 10 x 42 mm (0.8 x 0.4 x 1.7")
- Cable length: 400 mm (15.7"), adjustable
- Weight: approx. 50 g (1.8 oz)
- Materials: PC, silicone
- Operating voltage: USB 5V 1A and over
- Power consumption: 3.5 W
- USB cable length: 1 m (3.3 ft)
- Comes with USB Type-C cable, ear tips (1 set each, S, M, L), storage pouch
- Instructions/manual: Japanese